X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audex - Free space on Temporary directory

When using Audex, I always get the report,

Free space on Temporary directory "/tmp/kde-user/" is less than 800Mib. Problems with low space possible.

Around track 8 I get the message that ripping is very slow and that I have checked 'don't skip over errors'. If I don't select continue or stop, or if I close the message box, it continues until the end and reports all tracks successfully ripped. Selecting continue or stop crashes the program.

I love the work-around - just ignore the warnings - but, is there a way to legitimately resolve the problem?

I have hunted through settings and System Settings without finding a potential resolution of either problem.

[Dual core Atom-based system with 500GB HDD and 4GB RAM]

Regards
    Roy Leith

Re: Audex - Free space on Temporary directory

Assuming you have a separate / partition, how much free space do you really have in it?

Comment

I dont know about Audex as I use K3b for riping but if you find that / is geting low on space but you have plenty on /home or (any ware else) check in Audex's settings to see if you can change the location of it's /tmp directory .

K3b will let you do this but as I sead I dont know about Audex .

you can quickly see whats geting full with
      Code:
      df -h
      in a terminal .

if / is that full you should start working on cleaning it out some .

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis
        Assuming you have a separate / partition, how much free space do you really have in it?
        It's set up with / @ 23GB with 6GB in use and /home @ 9GB with <1GB in use. This is the first time I have seen /tmp that I have not created myself on its own partition (as ext2, which is necessary for some GNU tools). This directory was set up by the distribution.

The properties for /tmp is 16.0GB Free of 22.9 GB so it is definitely a part of the / partition and there is plenty of space.

When the Audex directory in /tmp/kde-user has 'orphaned' files due to Audex being forced to close (don't ask), then the 'free' space drops alarmingly to 200MiB. Is it possible to cap the size that a directory can reach in Linux? I've looked through System Settings for KDE settings that might be doing this, but with no luck. I also wonder if there is a cache size and location set by the Audex program, but the settings do not permit any changes to cache sizes or location.

Regards
        Roy Leith

Comment

Working...
        X