This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait before updating tonight

KDE 4.7.3 is migrating into oneiric-proposed. The package kde-workspace-data is missing at the moment. Iif you dist-upgrade now, parts of Kubuntu will go away!

Re: Wait before updating tonight

Heh, yep. I just learned this the hard way. Any estimates on the availability of the missing packages?

Comment

Looks like we're back in business. I was just able to update the missing packages and complete the installation. I can now login to KDE once again.

Comment

Here, too.

Comment

You guys are updating in the middle of the uploads!!!
          (Been there, done that!)
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Second time for me, actually, since July. Whee!

Comment

It's a pity that the updates weren't for KDE 4.7.4 which was released on 6th Dec . I fortunately avoided a broken system this time. I am pleased to report that before the updates, kontact, which I had running all the time, would use 100% of one of my CPU's - now it is behaving itself .

Comment

I have just found that after these updates the microphone on my web cam no longer works with Skype. The image is excellent and I can hear through my speakers, but no one can hear me. I also am unable to get cheese to record a video as it used to. Is this a pulse audio problem? I would be interested to know if anyone else is having this sort of trouble.

Comment

Every time I have that mic problem, it turns out that the "Set as Fallback" button in pavucontrol has been un-set (usually happens after an update to pulse packages). On my webcam, that button has to be set, and the internal audio input has to be muted.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I had tried pavucontrol when I encountered the problem but I clicked the wrong buttons. I not only had to click the "Set as Fallback" I also had to click the button on the left of the trio to unmute the microphone. Now all is well . Thank you very much!

It is a pity that the Multimedia option in the System Setting menu doesn't fix this automatically .

Comment

Working...
                    X