This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Akonadi goes mad

Since today Akonadi goes mad when I login. A whole pile of akonadi_agent_launcher processes and other akonadi_ stuff get created, taking up 100% CPU and going on until all memory is taken and the system hangs. Killing akonadi_maildispatcher_agent appear to stop the spawning of new processes. I have this on every login.

How can I get rid of this stuff? Is Akonadi actually needed? If not I can just remove it I guess...

Kubuntu 11.10, x64, fully updated

Re: Akonadi goes mad

Yes you can get rid of it -> http://ubuntuku.org/16/how-to-disable-nepomuk-akonadi/
    ASROCK Z87 Pro4 - i5 4670K - R9 270x ☞ Triple Boot: KDE NEON ★ Windows 10 ★ Windows 7

Comment

Thanks, that worked.

Apparently removing nepomuk is also a bad idea

Comment

I've stumbled across a truly hacky way to get rid of it, but it's very brittle and quite possibly might cause future update problems, not to mention kill your pets and rip a hole in the spacetime continuum. The steps below also remove Strigi and Akonadi.

$ sudo -i
        # cd /
        # for i in `find -iname '*akonadi*'`; do rm -rvf $i; done
        # for i in `find -iname '*nepomuk*'`; do rm -rvf $i; done
        # for i in `find -iname '*strigi*'`; do rm -rvf $i; done
        # apt-get --reinstall install libnepomuk4 libnepomukquery4a libnepomukutils4
        # reboot

The reinstall is required; kdeinit fails to start if those libs are missing. I can't find reference to them in any .conf files, I'm wondering if it's hardcoded...?

I offer no guarantees if you try the above. It works on my Oneiric and Precise systems.

Comment

...you forgot cats and dogs sleeping together...

Please Read Me

Comment

Up here in the damp dark Pacific northwest, sometimes a little hot canine-feline action is the only entertainment we get. Plus, I figured the spectre of a canine-feline mashup doesn't have the shock value it used to. Now if the cat were vegetarian...that would be sumthin

Comment

Working...
            X