X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

media player for dvd playback

Hello,

One of the things I use Ubuntu/Kubuntu for is watching my collection of DVD's. Since installing Kubuntu 11.10 have tried DragonPlayer; Kaffiene and KMPlayer to watch DVD's. I have discovered little problems with all three!

With KMPlayer it will play a DVD but does not display the dvd menu just starts playing from the first episode. Kaffiene will play the DVD including its menu but I have found no way of changing video settings (Brighness; contrast etc.) and DragonPlayer will allow me to change video settings but when watching a DVD the settings are not saved which means I have to change video settings everytime I play a dvd. Also with DragonPlayer it does not suspend screensaver so unless I turn feature off the screensaver allows kicks in when watching a dvd which can get annoying.

Is there a way of saving video settings in Dragon Player globally for all types of videos (DVD's; files)?

Otherwise I might go back to Gnome and use Totem movie player.

Re: media player for dvd playback

one is allwase free to go back/ford to whatever thay like ......... you can install totem in Kubuntu if you like.

I use VLC for DVD's

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright
      I use VLC for DVD's
      SMPlayer can also play DVDs, but VLC does a better job with DVD menus in my experience.
      Welcome newbies!
      Verify the ISO
      Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
        X