This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't scroll horizontally in LibreOffice calc

Something seems wrong with libreoffice calc in KDE. I have a wide spreadsheet and I can't scroll horizontally. I can *kind of* click the left right arrows, but clicking and dragging the horizontal scroll bar doesn't work at all.

Anyone else seeing this? Is it a KDE thing, and is there a work around?

Re: Can't scroll horizontally in LibreOffice calc

Hi
    I'm running the absolute latest Oneric and KDE 4.7.3 with LibreOffice 3.4.4.

I observe that I can drag the slider either down or right only so far and then it stops.

If I release the slider then I can again slide a distance and it stops.

If I use the arrow button it goes as long as I press the arrow button.

Getting back to the slider if I then slide LEFT then I can go all the way back "back to the left". (0,0) or (A,1)

I am running a 4.2 gigaherz CPU with 2 gig or ram.

Don't know that this has helped much but it at least gives a comparison.

woodsmoke

Comment

It seems it's a known bug, I'm seeing it here too.

https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=718357 is a bug report I found. Changing the style to anything but Oxygen is a work around I've seen quoted but I haven't tried it yet.

Edit: The Launchpad bug report - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ce/+bug/856210

Comment

Changing the style fixed it here.

Comment

Funny, I didn't have the problem here since I updated LO to 3.4.4.
          The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Thanks, changing my theme to qtcurve did indeed fix it.

Still there are some screwy things, like tool tips that display all black, but oh well at least I can scroll horizontally now

Comment

Originally posted by eggbert
              Still there are some screwy things, like tool tips that display all black
              That can be fixed as well.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3118694.0

Comment

A question:

This thread, and a few others, have sometimes made me wonder just why it is that some people have a problem that others do not.

And, since eggbert changed his theme to qtcurve fixed the problem, that made me wonder if "the testing" is done on a really plain vanilla setup when the devs/testers/etc. are testing an app and that for some strange reason the "implementation" of a theme is what "might" be really causing some problems that people have but no thought is given to that.

I very rarely have "problems" with applications because I just, usually, leave everything "stock", for no reason, I just don't go to the trouble to customize themes very much...

just a thought... hmmm

woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke
                  And, since eggbert changed his theme to qtcurve fixed the problem, that made me wonder if "the testing" is done on a really plain vanilla setup when the devs/testers/etc. are testing an app and that for some strange reason the "implementation" of a theme is what "might" be really causing some problems that people have but no thought is given to that.
                  You have a valid point but who does the testing?

Should the oxygen theme developers test every application to make sure their theme is bug free? Or should the LibreOffice developers test their application against every theme in every desktop environment? Hopefully when such bugs are found and reported one set of developers will take ownership of the bug and fix it but that doesn't always happen.

I have a couple of outstanding bug reports for which I don't ever expect a fix on the basis that the fix needs to be done by the 'other' developers. Such reports are often closed as "won't fix" or "incomplete". >

Comment

good point PaulW2U and one whereby maybe allowing a larger group of people to test simple things like themes would help, dunno.

woodsmoke

Comment

Small update, just got an update of libreoffice and this bug appears to be fixed now. I can scroll horizontally with the oxygen theme, and tool tips are fixed too.

Comment

Working...
                      X