This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTML5 Video Rekonq

First off, I am a newcomer to KDE and Kubuntu and, after hopping around different DE's (and just window managers) for the past few months found that KDE4 has really become something fantastic since the last time I tried it. That being said, I am really trying to get used to more "KDE default" software rather than going to say Firefox or Chromium.

Anyway, I've been using and really like rekonq and would like to use Webkit's html5 capabilities rather than flash and read that qtwebkit 2.2+ has html5 support, so I enabled html5 for youtube and went to watch a video and there was no video, though sound and the player itself loaded just fine, just no video. This occurred on every site with an html5 player I found. I don't know if this is a lack of full implementation yet and normal behavior or if it's because I'm using fglrx (which is funky with this kind of stuff sometimes).

I also have gstreamer ugly and ffmpeg installed so I don't think it could be a codec problem.
    Thanks!

Re: HTML5 Video Rekonq

Just booted off the livecd and checked if this bug was still present and the same thing occurred with the open source drivers on the cd so it's defenitely not an issue with fglrx. I'm using the 64bit Kubuntu but I'm going to assume this is just due to the build of qtwebkit right now so I'm guessing it's an upstream issue?

Comment

Re: HTML5 Video Rekonq

It fully works for me, video and sound, using 64 Kubuntu 11.10, kde versions 4.7.2 and 4.7.3. Rather better than flash does.

Comment

Working...
      X