This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lm-sensors reading wrong

after a clean install of kubuntu 11.10, i installed lmsensors. i'm using the kde hardware temp widget. my core temps are reading fine but my acpi temps are not. temp is 51 degrees F. i believe that the acpi temps are displaying Celsius but the widget says it is displaying in Fahrenheit. the widgets display graph is reading beneath the green. any ideas on how to get it to read correctly? also, how do i configure lmsensors to read in Celsius instead of farenheit?

Re: lm-sensors reading wrong

run the sensors command and see what the output is.

man sensors

will give you details. If the output of sensors is correct, then the problem lies with the widget.
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

ran sensors in konsole,

Adapter: Virtual device
      temp1: +10.0°C

coretemp-isa-0000
      Adapter: ISA adapter
      Core 0: +35.0°C (high = +105.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)
      Core 1: +35.0°C (high = +105.0°C, crit = +105.0°C)

there is no way that 10.0C is correct. the sensors are displaying a reading in the widget. the widget temp fluctuates with cpu demand from around 48C to 55C. but it is displaying in F. also, there is no way that the virtual temp is 10.0C.?? i don't understand what happened. worked just fine in previous install of K11.10.

also, after install i completed a kernel bug workaround: http://www.webupd8.org/2011/06/linux...issue-fix.html. i've done this before with no problems. i don't have an overheat problem as you can see from my core temps above. the problem is an incorrect display of the acpi and lmacpi thermal sensors.

i've purged lmsensors, did sudo update, rebooted, and reinstalled lmsensors, ran detect-sensors, sudo update reboot. ive done this three times and i still have this problem.

my machine is an HPg71 notebook

CPU:
      Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10GHz
      GPU:
      Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
      Audio:
      ALSA Timer Device
      Audio:
      ALSA Sequencer Device
      Audio:
      HDA Intel (STAC92xx Analog)
      Audio:
      HDA Intel(HDA Intel ALSA hardware specific Device)
      Audio:
      HDA Intel
      Audio:
      HDA Intel (HDMI 0)
      Network:
      Loopback device Interface
      Network:
      AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express)
      Network:
      RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller

running kubuntu 11.10-64bt with kde4 or whatever comes bundled with 11.10

Comment

did you add the lines

it87
        coretemp

to /etc/modules?

You might also try running sensors-detect to see if it is really detecting the sensor.

If all this doesn't help, then you may need to file a bug report against lm-sensors.
        We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...
        X