X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

akonadi doesn't want to start ...

Hi,
    I just upgrade my distro from 10.04 to 11.10, and after reboot akonadi doesn't want to start anymore ...
    So my kontact isn't working.

I join the akonadiserver.error file. What seems surprising to me is that mysqld doesn't seem to have the rights to open the mysql.conf file, but I don't understand why.

Another point : I try to follow that post: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...1592#msg231592
    without any success.

Can anyone help me ?
    Thanks,
    Attached Files

Re: akonadi doesn't want to start ...

Not sure I can help much.. I'm a newbee.. but I finally got my Akonadi & korganizer to start today after a week of tweaking.. but still some issues : apparentl can't create items in korganizer.

Well, I can let you know what I did to get rid of those akonadi/mysql errors :
    1) In mysql, I created a user 'myname'@localhost and grant it full rights. For some reason it was not create, this removed the sql error in akonadistart that it did not have the correct rights
    2) in ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc, the socket name mentioned did not match the actual mysql socket name I got through mysql "status". So I changed it in the akonadiserverrc file.

From them on akonadi (command : akanadictl start) worked without errors, and I finally got to start Korganizer...
    But as mentioned, I'm still left with all "new items / actions" command greyed in Korganizer > ... probably some further "rights" to fix..

Hope this can help.
    F.

Comment

Re: akonadi doesn't want to start ...

Thanks for your help, but that didn't solve my problem.

I've created a user in myql with all rights and I change the path and file to the socket file. But akonadi still doesn't want to start. The error message is still the same.

I tried to run mysql daemon in command line (see below). I got an error. The error message tells me to run mysql_upgrade to create a missing mysql.plugin table. I've done this and the table exists. But still no solution...

[Thu Nov 17 22:35:29][bruno@lx-bruno ~]$ /usr/sbin/mysqld --defaults-file=/home/bruno/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf --datadir=/home/bruno/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/ --socket=/home/bruno/.local/share/akonadi/socket-lx-bruno/mysql.socket
      Could not open required defaults file: /home/bruno/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf
      Fatal error in defaults handling. Program aborted
      111117 22:35:42 [Warning] Can't create test file /home/bruno/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/lx-bruno.lower-test
      111117 22:35:42 [Warning] Can't create test file /home/bruno/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/lx-bruno.lower-test
      111117 22:35:42 [Note] Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled.
      /usr/sbin/mysqld: Table 'mysql.plugin' doesn't exist
      111117 22:35:42 [ERROR] Can't open the mysql.plugin table. Please run mysql_upgrade to create it.
      111117 22:35:42 InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, size = 8.0M
      111117 22:35:42 InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool
      111117 22:35:42 InnoDB: Operating system error number 13 in a file operation.
      InnoDB: The error means mysqld does not have the access rights to
      InnoDB: the directory.
      InnoDB: File name ./ibdata1
      InnoDB: File operation call: 'create'.
      InnoDB: Cannot continue operation.

Comment

Working...
      X