Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is going on with Kopete, Konversation, and the Indicator plasmoid?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is going on with Kopete, Konversation, and the Indicator plasmoid?

I posted a bug report on this.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...rk/+bug/887432

This has been going on since Natty and it's continuing into Oneiric. It is not a KDE bug since it works fine in other distributions.

When using the indicator widget, the envelope only tuns green for the first incoming message then it doesn't for following incoming messages, eventually the indicator thing just screws up and won't allow restoring Kopete anymore, necessitating a killall kopete.

IF you get sick of that and disable the indicator widget and go back to using a tray icon, then the tray icon animation works for the first incoming message, but on following incoming messages, it displays the frame for the incoming message animation it last displayed when you clicked on it to get the first message. It does not animate.

This might be multiple issues. I noticed that indicator widget is pretty badly broken in Oneiric anyway. I posted a bug about it not working with Konversation anymore, which got no replies.
    Ad for the bug about Konversation not using the widget at all.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...im/+bug/852869

The Indicator Widget is too broken and annoying to actually use. It's easier to actually just disable it. That still leaves the Kopete tray animation problem, but at least the status icon in the tray doesn't lose track of Kopete and fail to restore it like the Widget does.

Any ideas? Workarounds? Plans to fix this?

Aaron Seigo of KDE has repeatedly expressed his disgust at the idea of the Indicator plasmoid and I can kind of see why.
    Yes.
    0%
    No.
    0%
    Some of it. (specify please)
    0%
Working...
X