X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Nepomuk Indexing Agents Have Been Disabled" error at startup

Hi all. After booting my computer I get the following notification:

Nepomuk Indexing Agents Have Been Disabled
    The Nepomuk service is not available or fully operational and attempts to rectify this have failed. Therefore indexing of all data stored in the Akonadi PIM service has been disabled, which will severely limit the …

The following problems were detected: Calling the Nepomuk storage service failed: 'The name org.kde.NepomukStorage was not provided by any .service files'.

Additional help can be found here: userbase.kde.org/Akonadi

There's no real additional help at the link provided. It's really annoying, for I always get three or more of the same notifications at once. It makes me feel like something is wrong with my system, but it's a fresh installation of Oneiric 11.10, and I haven't tinkered with Nepomuk or anything at all, for that matter. I would appreciate any help to solve this issue. Many thanks in advance.

Re: "Nepomuk Indexing Agents Have Been Disabled" error at startup

Hi, have a look at System settings - Workspace appearance and Behaviour - Desktop Search.

On the Basic Settings tab, is Nepomuk system active? Mine is inactive because I switched it off yesterday and got the same kind of warning you saw and then I got three warnings, exactly as you describe, after switching on this morning. Perhaps set it to active if it's disabled, which I believe is the default setting.

Hoping it helps.

Comment

Hi skint, thanks for your reply. Actually, your problem seems related to the following bug report: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=258171. As far as I understand it, people in the bug report are complaining because they actually have turned Nepomuk off like you did, so they don't want to be bothered with notifications about what they already know. In fact, more than a proper bug, it's reported as a whishlist, and currently marked as invalid.

But I haven't turned anything off, I just want things to work properly because I haven't tinkered with their settings. I still would like to solve this issue. There has got to be something I can do, hopefully.

Comment

I'm having the same problem. It seemed to start after I had to power down because Kubuntu completely locked up. Now I get it every time I reboot. So I'm guessing some state got corrupted. Is there a way to reset the index?

Comment

I am having the same issues. If turned on or off nepmuk gives me those messages.

I did find this:
          http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f...208225#p208225

and especially this:
          At least regarding Nepomuk, since is what you're starting off your post with, you are mistaken: see http://trueg.wordpress.com (the blog of the Nepomuk maintainer, Sebastian Trueg) as of why.

And in general terms, this is a generalization: remember that KDE's bug database also contains a lot of invalid, duplicate, or non-reproducible reports that are noise to the developers. And with this, every community member can help (see the forum announcement, for example).
          HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
          4 GB Ram
          Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by Fintan
            I am having the same issues. If turned on or off nepmuk gives me those messages.
            The errors can safely be ignored, they basically just tell you that nepomuk has been disabled (which, I agree, is sort of redundant information if you have purposefully disabled it)

If you wish to get rid of the errors, there are a few posts about it, including mine:
            http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...6137#msg276137

You basically have to stop nepomuk akonadi agents from autostarting and remove the running nepomuk agents (3 of them). Unfortunately, you'll have to redo the changes after kdepim upgrades (as the agent config is restored)

Comment

Working...
            X