X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muon Package Manager quirk or bug??

Muon Package Manager
    Version 1.2.1 "Caustic Carrionite"
    Using KDE Development Platform 4.7.2 (4.7.2)

I've been seeing this quirk/bug for a while now. I'll search on a package string and the results will be listed in the large window area, then, without warning, the list of matched packages disappears. If I remove the search filter entry, then all the packages are displayed. Retyping in any filtered search causes the packages in the large window area to disappear again. The only way to remedy this when it happens is to close Muon Package Manager and restart it.

Anyone else observed this behavior?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Muon Package Manager quirk or bug??

yes ...have no idea why ether?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

this dose @hear appear to be 100%ley reproducible .......

for instance: open muon> type xbmc in the search Field > the results are displayed >add a x "xbmcx" >the results Field goes blank > backspace to remove the extra x > the old results reappear for a second then the results Field goes blank > from now on no results will show from any search string except none.

VINNY
      16GB RAM

Comment

Jon saw this, and I'm going to try and help him figure out what is causing it. Waiting on his instructions. Will be my first time compiling a package, and from the development trunk at that.

Done. I'm now using the 'latest and greatest' Muon Package Manager - not yet released to the public.

So far, so good. Of course, the issue was sporadic, not happening all the time, so I'll just have to monitor it's behavior and report to Jon if/when it happens. It means that I have to remember to launch Muon Package Manager from the console so the bug trace can be captured.

Comment

sweet..............will a update be coming down the pipes soon ?

kneed a additional tester ? I have a net upgraded 11.04-11.10 & vanilla(well started life as a beta) 11.10 to work with........humm speaking of witch I guess I should see if this is happening their.

VINNY
          16GB RAM

Comment

LOL over hear on the install that started life as 11.10 I cant get it to happen at all so far in 5 tries .....10

and to be fare ....right before I rebooted to this partition I tried it 1 more time in the 11.04-11.10 install and it didn't do it ........when I sead it was 100% reproducible I had tried 7 times and all 7 it did it........

VINNY
            16GB RAM

Comment

I never had it happen 'all the time', so it was sporadic. Even Jon saw it at least once, but hasn't yet tracked down the cause. When it appears (no pun intended), there is no option but to close Muon Package Manager and restart it.

Comment

Tonight I was dressing up a new install and it happened several times.

Comment

Well, it used to be 100% reproducible for me. But right now, I can't get the problem to occur! Only major change I can think of is the recent batch of KDE 4.7.3 updates, but nothing in APT's history.log shows a Muon-related update...

Comment

Maybe that was it, the 4.7.3 update fixed the problem (maybe).
                    The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Working...
                    X