This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cairo-dock issues, buggy in kde 11.10

i am running a clean install of kubuntu 11.10. i installed and set up cairo-dock, set it to run on start up. after i reboot, cairo dock loads two instances, one over the top of the other, same applets, same everything, one on top of the other. if i disable it in start up, it doesn't load at all which it shouldn't. why does it load two instances when enabled on start up? if i close one instance, the other works fine but the next time i reboot there will be two instances again! i am using cairo-dock with open gl, chrome theme. this is strange, didn't have this prob with ubuntu 10.10.

Re: cairo-dock issues, buggy in kde 11.10

If you have "Restore Previous Session" and you have it in your autostart - that may cause it. You can retain "Restore..." by adding cairo-dock to exempted applications.

Also, in the past cairo-dock added it's own autostart script in ~/.config/autostart/cairo-dock-cairo.desktop instead of ~/.kde/Autostart/ so if you added your own you may be launching it twice.

An easy test is to close both cairo-docks and then log out and back in. If you get only 1 - start looking into the autostart vs. restore session issue.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
    X