This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kmail stopped autocomplete adresses.

This is driving me bonkers. Update to 11.10 went okay. Had to massage Kmail a bit but no big deal. Everything working fine since release until yesterday. Kmail suddenly stopped autocomplete on address book. No reboot or log-off. One minute it was fine, the next it quit. No changes made to Akonadi or nepomuk and both are running. Now I have to manually select addressee. No big deal just cumbersome. But why? I've tried everything I can think of. Any suggestions?

Re: Kmail stopped autocomplete adresses.

Very strange that it should work for a few days and then stop...

Anyway my (only) guess is that you need to add your address book contacts as a KDE resource, try this:

Go to System Settings...Personal Information then select 'KDE Resources' on the left.

Make sure 'Contacts' is selected and click 'Add...'

Assuming you are using Akonadi you should choose 'Akonadi Address Books', however if your address book is in a VCard file try adding the 'Folder' or 'File' resource. If in doubt add all of them!
    Kubuntu 20.04(AMD64)/KDE 5

Comment

Thanks much. Already tried that. Akonadi logs come back clean. Server status check is all green. I'm starting to wonder if my Wallet file is corrupted. Really weird.

Added: Okay I just tried to modify my addresses and have two shell crashes. I backtraced and it seems one of Kmail's modules is having a hissy fit. Hmmm. I'll troubleshoot further. I'm going to fix this if it kills me. So if I don't reply back you'll know I'm dead.

Comment

Tried everything. Out of ideas. Manually selecting isn't so bad. Takes me back to the days of Pine.

Comment

Working...
        X