This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...docks? [SOLVED]

anyone has tried any docks which did not have issues and problems on Oneiric??
    Cheers, -Linda

Re: ...docks?

I have tried fancy tasks without any real issues, though I find that the built in "task manager" drain some resources, at least on my system. I used to run smooth tasks for that instead.
    both should be in the repos
    sudo apt-get install plasma-widget-fancytasks plasma-widget-smooth-tasks
    The one I use now is Icon-tasks which isn't really a dock like the others but I like it.
    add this repo
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa.launchpad.net/hrvojes/kde-goodies/ubuntu
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install plasma-widget-icons-tasks
    Not tried daisy on Oneiric, not have any trouble with it inb the past, however I find the gtk dependencies disturbing.

B.R

/Jonas

ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
    Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
    Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
    Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
    - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Nice sig jonas...

Please Read Me

Comment

I use Cairo dock without any problems. Just remember to set start new session at startup in the system settings otherwise you will end up with multiple copies of Cairo dock running.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas
          I have tried fancy tasks without any real issues, though I find that the built in "task manager" drain some resources, at least on my system. I used to run smooth tasks for that instead.
          both should be in the repos
          sudo apt-get install plasma-widget-fancytasks plasma-widget-smooth-tasks
          The one I use now is Icon-tasks which isn't really a dock like the others but I like it.
          add this repo
          sudo add-apt-repository ppa.launchpad.net/hrvojes/kde-goodies/ubuntu
          sudo apt-get update
          sudo apt-get install plasma-widget-icons-tasks
          Not tried daisy on Oneiric, not have any trouble with it inb the past, however I find the gtk dependencies disturbing.

B.R

/Jonas

Thanks Jonas...

Originally posted by abear
          I use Cairo dock without any problems. Just remember to set start new session at startup in the system settings otherwise you will end up with multiple copies of Cairo dock running.

and how I'm supposed to do that?
          Cheers, -Linda

Comment

Originally posted by lindaonline15
            System Settings | Startup and Shutdown | Session Management | On Login

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley
              Originally posted by lindaonline15
              System Settings | Startup and Shutdown | Session Management | On Login
              Thanks alot... I was actually looking for that (the concept) previously... couldnt find it.. solved 2 problems
              Cheers, -Linda

Comment

Re: ...docks? [SOLVED]

Thanks SteveRiley for following up to how to start / set startup with empty / new session. I would have had a hard time with posting an illustration.

Comment

Working...
                X