X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After Upgrade, desktop settings lost, and widgets placement not saved

Hi,
    I would appreciate any help i can get, upon upgrading, i lost all my desktop related settings, background color etc, and placement of widgets/plasmoids. whats worse is that now, no matter what, i cant get them to save/be remembered between sessions. Where do i look to track this down?
    Thanks
    Joe

Re: After Upgrade, desktop settings lost, and widgets placement not saved

Can anyone tell me which directory desktop settings are saved in and what the permissions for that directory should be?

Cheers
    Joe

Comment

check system settings>startup and shutdown>session management and under the "on login" section tick the "restore previous session button

& all user setup files are in ~/.kde and should be owned by you.

did the upgrade ask you if you wanted to use the new configs or keep the old?

I upgraded from 11.04 2 11.10 and all my settings,wallpapers,widget's stuck thrugh it BUT I was already at KDE-4.7.1 when I upgraded so maby that helped?

and allso try locking the widget's after placement if your not now.

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by jlovick
        Hi,
        I would appreciate any help i can get, upon upgrading, i lost all my desktop related settings, background color etc, and placement of widgets/plasmoids. whats worse is that now, no matter what, i cant get them to save/be remembered between sessions. Where do i look to track this down?
        Thanks
        Joe
        Hi, I wonder what success you have had.

You say your problems happend "after upgrade".

I installed from scratch and have noticed that Kubuntu 11.10 defaults to, just for example, "cloned" displays (I have two monitors. I have set it two "position: right of"... and adjusted the resolution.

I found that I had to "save as default" from the "DIsplay Settings" menu in system settings to get it to save this. I will try to see if this holds through on reboot/relog.

Let me know what luck you have had and if this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X