X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunderbird Icons Missing Color

Having a strange problem.

Installed Thunderbird and set up my account. Everything is working fine, but the Icons on the top bar (Get Mail, Write, Addressbook) are missing their color.

All the other icons seem to work fine... I have attached an image to show what I am referring to.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!
    Joe
    Attached Files

Re: Thunderbird Icons Missing Color

I noticed that too; however, I'm running version 8 from the beta channel, so I just attributed the problem to its beta-ness. Which version are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley
      I noticed that too; however, I'm running version 8 from the beta channel, so I just attributed the problem to its beta-ness. Which version are you running?
      Hi Steve!

I'm using 7.0.1 - the standard install for 11.10.

Thanks!
      Joe

Comment

Hmm, must be the new look for Thunderbird.

Not that it matters as the functionality is still there, but looks kind of.... Hollow the way it is :-D.

Joe

Comment

Thunderbird is a GTK application, and *some/all* such applications don't display fully/correctly in KDE without a little tweaking.

Go to System Settings > Application Appearance > GTK+ Appearance >Widget style and change it to Raleigh and click Apply. Launch Thunderbird and then close it again. No change Widget style back to what it was previous, click Apply and relaunch Thunderbird. May or may not resolve your issue.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
            Thunderbird is a GTK application, and *some/all* such applications don't display fully/correctly in KDE without a little tweaking.

Go to System Settings > Application Appearance > GTK+ Appearance >Widget style and change it to Raleigh and click Apply. Launch Thunderbird and then close it again. No change Widget style back to what it was previous, click Apply and relaunch Thunderbird. May or may not resolve your issue.
            Hi Snowhog

Yeah, I tried that already as it was a previous fix for Gimp (GTK again :-D), but it did not fix it.

It could very well be the way its supposed to look seeing as most GTK apps for Gnome 3 are darker now.

I tried to look online to see if I could see any pics of it running under KDE, but most KDE users use Kmail2 - I would just use Kmail2, but there is no clear way to back up the e-mail. With Thunderbird, I simply back up the .thunderbird dir and its all good.

If someone can confirm this is the way its supposed to look, that will be fine.

Maybe I will try to install a skin for Thunderbird and see if that works.

Thanks!
            Joe

Comment

Hmm, just installed a new theme (Noia Extreme) and that looks great, so it might be the new default theme look for Thunderbird now.

Joe

Comment

I'm using Silvermel, it looks quite nice and is not a jarring change from the native KDE apps:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thu...don/silvermel/

Comment

Looks like the folks who bring us the quite nice Oxygen KDE for Firefox are working on a version for Thunderbird now.

Comment

Originally posted by sealbhach
                    I'm using Silvermel, it looks quite nice and is not a jarring change from the native KDE apps:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thu...don/silvermel/

Ohh, yeah, that is a nice skin. Thanks for the link

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley
                      Looks like the folks who bring us the quite nice Oxygen KDE for Firefox are working on a version for Thunderbird now.
                      Trying this one too... Looks great also!

Thanks you guys! This is some good stuff. Can't wait for the thunderbird version!

Joe

Comment

Working...
                      X