X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: fonts

Originally posted by CathPazou
    Thanks PainGiver, your fonts config file and now i have a very nice look in thunderbird and firefox !
    I'm glad that it helps. If you haven't already done it, you may want to do the same for root as well, so programs that require sudo, like Synaptic Package Manager, will have nice fonts also.

Code:
    sudo cp ~/.fonts.conf /root

Comment

Originally posted by PainGiver
      If you haven't already done it, you may want to do the same for root as well, so programs that require sudo, like Synaptic Package Manager, will have nice fonts also.

Code:
      Oh nice but i haven't Synaptic but Muon because i am under Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot.
      I have try the code, but nothings works....
      Kubuntu 11.10 - French

Comment

Originally posted by CathPazou
        Originally posted by PainGiver
        If you haven't already done it, you may want to do the same for root as well, so programs that require sudo, like Synaptic Package Manager, will have nice fonts also.

Code:
        Oh nice but i haven't Synaptic but Muon because i am under Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot.
        I have try the code, but nothings works....
        That code above simply copies your .fonts.conf from your home directory to root home directory. You don't really need to do this if you don't run apps as sudo. Some programs that require sudo, like Muon, use YOUR setting for look&feel, but not all of them do that. If you run Qt programs as sudo, like "kdesudo dolphin" or "kdesudo systemsettings", you can see the difference between regular user font setting and sudo/root font setting. For consistency, you may want to adjust font setting for root by running "kdesudo systemsettings", without quotes, and change fonts sizes and type to the same one you use as regular user. This applies to themes and color as well.

Comment

Understand... it is very not often i use sudo... thanks for your explain !
          Kubuntu 11.10 - French

Comment

Working...
          X