This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kmail: can't move messages to trash

I'm running kmail2 under a newly updated Oneiric. I've had a lot of problems with it; the one I'm struggling with at the moment is the misbehavior of the trash file. I have two different input folders. On one of them I can delete messages and move them to Trash; on the other one, "Move to Trash" is greyed out. I don't see anything to account for the difference.

In the misbehaving one, I get the popup message "Access control prohibits deletion" or something like that. The message vanished before I could write it down.

One other observation: the misbehaving folder has three subfolders: cur, new, and tmp. The new subfolder seems to have the messages themselves. The other input folder doesn't have that substructure.

Re: kmail: can't move messages to trash

Something to check:
    look for that particular account's settings, and see what folder is designated for Trash - you can have separate ones for separate accounts, so you may be able to re-specify the correct folder from there.

The other error message I don't know.

Comment

Can't delete mail destination folder either

Something clearly got corrupted in the migration from kmail to kmail2 as part of the Oneiric upgrade. I have a folder BMail that pre-upgrade was the destination file for one of my accounts. I've redirected that account so that Bmail is no longer the destination for incoming mail. However, I can't delete Bmail from within Kmail.-- the Delete Folder option is greyed out. I've tried going into the actual folders and deleting it, but it still is there as far as Kmail is concerned.

Is there a way to straighten out this mess?

Comment

Re: kmail: can't move messages to trash

go look at the resources in the account settings, one of them probably is for that folder. You can remove that resource, or edit it, depending on what type of mail folder it is. (You won't loose the actual folder in doing this, but back it up anyway). then perhaps simply import the contents of that mail folder back into kmail. I don't know why you can't delete the folder, but is it a toplevel folder or a subfolder? that may be why you can't delete it if it is a top level folder (a resource actually), it would be similar to trying to delete your 'inbox'

Comment

Need to reconstruct the indexes

In my attempts to fix the problem by manipulating files directly, I made matters worse. Now one of my kmail folders has disappeared altogether - but the contents are still there in the Mail directory. Is there a way to get kmail to reconstruct its indexes from the message files?

Comment

Working...
          X