Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kubuntu after login the panel and any windows I open won't appear.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu after login the panel and any windows I open won't appear.

I recently updated from 10.04 all the way up to 11.10 the long way, ie from 10.04 to 10.10 to 11.04 and so on. From 10.10 and up I couldn't see any of the windows I open up and the panel doesn't normally appear. I can add the panel, but only if I push alt-f2 first to open up 'run command' but the next time I login it's gone. If I open up and application it won't be displayed if I hover over it's name on the panel, the little mini example will pop up. Lastly if I logout the background will disappear I will finally see any windows I had opened up, and then it will go to the logout screen.

-ItIsMe

P.S. When I updated from 11.04 to 11.10 It didn't complete the installation. This isn't the problem, because I had the problem in 10.10.

You could rename the ~/.kde file (hidden file in your home directory) to something like ~/.kde-old.
    Next time you boot the system will create a fresh one and this might bring back the missing bits.

Comment

Thanks,

It worked!! By the way I like your bug, I tried to flick it off the screen.

-ItIsMe

Comment

Originally posted by ItIsMe View Post

I like your bug, I tried to flick it off the screen.

-ItIsMe
        I hope you did no damage

Comment

(Aside: the really annoying thing is that I do have actual ants scurrying across my screen from time to time.)
          I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

I have seen a screen with tiny little critters between the layers, the guy had to dispose of it.

Comment

Working...
            X