X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KWallet and Dolphin File Manager questions

Hi:
    1) I find KWallet to be annoying because it always asks for you to enter your password on the first password protected application you use after you have boot up into a session...it leaves you alone after that, but every time you boot up you always have to do that on the first application you use...
    Question: is there a simple way to still have kwallet store those passwords and yet not ASK you to enter your password at all (in other words automatically log into whatever application needs the password without ASKING you first)...

2) In Dolphin File Manager...is there a way to make the tabs that say "File" "Edit" "View" etc (tabs you would normally see when you right click in the manager...and have them display on top all the time (like it does in Nautilis on gnome)...

3) Oh yes...also is there a way to add Sun-Java 6 (rather then using the open source version) some simple way of getting it?

Thanks

Re: KWallet and Dolphin File Manager questions

2) Press Ctrl+M or click the wrench icon and click the Show Menubar . Developers blog: http://ppenz.blogspot.com/2011/03/menu-bars.html
    Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
    - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

3) http://askubuntu.com/questions/52154...on-of-sun-java
      Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
      - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

1) I use the wallet, but avoid the prompts by not having a password on the wallet itself. So for me it's purely a convenience mechanism, not a security tool.
        • Open the KDE Wallet Manager in your System Tray
        • Right-click the wallet
        • Leave both fields blank
        • Click OK
        • Acknowledge the warning

Comment

Thanks guys...

I don't mind using the wallet but like you, i don't need it for security...i just wanted it to stop asking me to enter a password...

So, then i assume by doing that it will store the password where needed but just won't ask me to enter it myself?

Also...i have one additional question...Are there some kind of advanced microphone settings in the kmixer?
          I seem to be having a problems getting the microphone to work using just the standard microphone setting...

Comment

Originally posted by craig10x
            So, then i assume by doing that it will store the password where needed but just won't ask me to enter it myself?
            Yes.

Originally posted by craig10x
            Also...i have one additional question...Are there some kind of advanced microphone settings in the kmixer? I seem to be having a problems getting the microphone to work using just the standard microphone setting...
            Can you describe the problem in more detail?

Comment

This thread already dealt with two questions (and we do ask that you stick to single issues - if you have multiple issues, start separate threads for each), and now a third. Please start a new post.
              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
              X