This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot open ConsoleKit after 11.10 upgrade

After upgrading to Oneiric Ocleot on the E8400 box, without reported errors, my system has:

No network
    No USB connectivity

Immediately after entering the login password the system reports:

"Warning: Cannot open ConsoleKit session: unable to open session: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: Connection refused"

and at the end of the login process the KDE crash handler reports "KDE Daemon closed unexpectedly"

A live CD works to let me access my data via USB, but I don't know how to fix the problem without destroying anything. I don't want to do a fresh install to fix it, that would be very "Windows". Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Cannot open ConsoleKit after 11.10 upgrade

Well, I don't want to repeat that dreadful experience. In the end I had to go back to 10.04 LTS to find a stable configuration and one that would allow me to log on. I'm now restoring data backed up on external storage.

It was lucky I had my other computer running Windows otherwise I would have been truly stuffed.

If Linux is going to do this to me without warning I may as well go back to Windows. Groan! I still don't know what was the problem with ConsoleKit or why KDE crashed.

Comment

Working...
    X