This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

afpfs-ng won't install

We do not live in a Microsoft-centric world anymore - integration with Mac's, TimeCapsules and the like is important. Yet the network facilities in kubuntu and e.g. in Dolphin are quite Samba-oriented. I can see my Mac as well as the TimeCapsule in Dolphin/Network but not access them that way.
    I have a kubuntu 10.04 computer onto which I have installed afpfs-ng (sourceforge.net) so that I can access other computers via afp and it works nicely from the command-line - Dolphin does not know, though. I hoped that 11.10 would have offered better support of afp, but alas, my little new netbook, which runs 11.10 like a breeze cannot install afpfs-ng. The configure script complains that fuse is not installed, although I strongly suspect that it is. Experiments with the --disable-fuse option leads to complaints about readline not being installed. I have tried to install various things that require fuse or readline hoping that this will then assure, through the dependencies, that all is there. It seems to work except it makes no difference to the afpfs-ng configure script - it produces the same error messages.
    I shall be grateful for a work-around for now, and even more grateful if kubuntu would take afp under its wings in the future.

Thanks,
    kpete
Working...
X