This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slow wpa-psk connection

New user here, but longtime Kubuntu user. This one has me stumped. I have a Thinkpad T400 with the Intel agn wireless card (Centrino). I also have a Belkin n wireless router and it is encrypted with wpa-psk. I did the online distro upgrade from 11.04 to 11.10 and generally am pleased. I resolved the "outgoing mail" message issue with akonadi and have my email working again. However, if I connect through the encrypted wpa-psk router the internet connection is glacially slow, like a 14.4 modem. For giggles, I hooked up an older g router and left it open as an access point, connected to it and internet speed is normal. I can switch connections back and forth and get normal speeds through the open connection on something like a toast.net speed test, and the encrypted connection will not even start a download of the test image. I already tried increasing the MPU to 1500 on the wireless connection and that did not help. I have not seen anybody else complaining about this so have seen no fix out there. I do not want to give up WPA-PSK even to go to WEP. I could not use WPA2 at all in 11.04 but WPA worked perfectly.

Hwattys

Re: slow wpa-psk connection

Try WICD, make sure you remove all parts of networkmanager.
    wpa problems were a couple of years ago the prime reason I went to WICD.

Comment

Working...
    X