Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any know incompatibility issues with Lenovo laptops?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any know incompatibility issues with Lenovo laptops?

Are there any between the current Lenovo laptops and kubuntu? My current laptop died and I need to buy another.
    Yes I've Googled it but my experience is that only pissed people post. The happy ones don't.

An advice or comments will be appreciated.

wmrobins
    Last edited by wmrobins; Jan 28, 2012, 02:30 PM.

At work we use W500's and they run fine on a Live USB.

Comment

A friend of mine brought his new Lenovo E520 laptop to me to get Kubuntu installed. I booted the Precise beta. EVERYTHING worked perfectly .... except the wireless. Upstart loaded the rtl8192rc driver and that driver would not activate nor would "iwlist scanning" show anything for wlan0 except "network down" Bringing wlan0 up with "ifconfig wlan0 up" worked, but wlan0 was dropped immediately when one tried to connect to an access point. So, I advised him to bring it back about the second week in May and we'll see how it goes then. Precise will be Gold by then.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

I forgot to add that this Acer 7739 I am running Precise on also has the rtl8192ce (not rc) wireless chip and it worked perfectly from the getgo.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X