This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB 3.0 on a Dell XPS 15 L502X

I have seen many issues on the web about the USB 3.0 ports on the Dell XPS 15 L502X. The problem exists both under Windows and Linux. Currently I am dual-booting with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot. And I am suffering from this issue on both OS's. The thing is that the port work fine with my usb mouse and my usb stick, but not with my usb 3.0 external harddrive (Samsung S2 Portable USB 3.0, 640 GB). It is a small 2.5" harddrive which has no power cable. It receives power through the usb port. When I connect my harddrive, the harddrive powers on (LED gives green light indicating a USB 2.0 connection, while it should give blue light which indicates a USB 3.0 connection). Also I hear my drive spin, but my laptop does not give the standard notification that a device has been connected. And unfortunately I cannot see or access the device. If I however connect the harddrive to my USB 2.0 port, everything works fine. However I cannot make use of USB 3.0 transfer speeds =(

Does anyone have a clear solution for this persistent problem (it also existed for the previous L501X model)? I have read about millions of solutions, but none seem to work or appear to work occasionally =(
Working...
X