This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem compiling RT2870 network device chipset driver

I am trying to get a new wireless network adapter working under 11.10. I have downloaded a number of different packages and in each case the make fails at the same point. I can't get the driver compiled, Following is the end of the output from the last attempt to make the driver.

CC [M] /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.o
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c: In function ‘RTMPAllocUsbBulkBufStruct’:
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c:52:2: error: implicit declaration of function ‘usb_buffer_alloc’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c:52:13: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c: In function ‘RTMPFreeUsbBulkBufStruct’:
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c:78:3: error: implicit declaration of function ‘usb_buffer_free’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c: In function ‘NICInitRecv’:
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm•••••••••_mac_usb.c:745:30: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default]
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c: In function ‘NICInitTransmit’:
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c:849:13: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘RTMPAllocUsbBulkBufStruct’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c:34:20: note: expected ‘VOID **’ but argument is of type ‘struct __HTTX_BUFFER **’
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c:932:12: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘RTMPAllocUsbBulkBufStruct’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c:34:20: note: expected ‘VOID **’ but argument is of type ‘struct __TX_BUFFER **’
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c:949:12: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘RTMPAllocUsbBulkBufStruct’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c:34:20: note: expected ‘VOID **’ but argument is of type ‘struct __TX_BUFFER **’
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm••••••••••••••••••_mac_usb.c:975:9: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘RTMPFreeUsbBulkBufStruct’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c:62:20: note: expected ‘UCHAR **’ but argument is of type ‘struct __TX_BUFFER **’
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c:982:9: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘RTMPFreeUsbBulkBufStruct’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c:62:20: note: expected ‘UCHAR **’ but argument is of type ‘struct __TX_BUFFER **’
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c:997:12: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘RTMPFreeUsbBulkBufStruct’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c:1015:11: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘RTMPFreeUsbBulkBufStruct’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c:62:20: note: expected ‘UCHAR **’ but argument is of type ‘struct __HTTX_BUFFER **’
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c: In function ‘RTMPFreeTxRxRingMemory’:
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c:1150:9: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘RTMPFreeUsbBulkBufStruct’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c:1157:9: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘RTMPFreeUsbBulkBufStruct’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c:1194:11: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘RTMPFreeUsbBulkBufStruct’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
    /home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.c:62:20: note: expected ‘UCHAR **’ but argument is of type ‘struct __HTTX_BUFFER **’
    cc1: some warnings being treated as errors

make[2]: *** [/home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux/../../common/cmm_mac_usb.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [_module_/home/julie/Modem/RT2870/os/linux] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-3.0.0-12-generic'
    make: *** [LINUX] Error 2

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Problem compiling RT2870 network device chipset driver

Are you sure you need to compile a driver? Have you checked System > Additional Drivers to see if it lists a Proprietary driver for your device?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Problem compiling RT2870 network device chipset driver

I didn't. But I have now, it reports that there are no proprietary drivers in use on the system. From everything I read 11.10 is suppose to have a rt2780 driver in the build. But I can't find it or reference to it anywhere in the system. Should I have had the device plugged in when I first built the system?kernel 3.0.0.0 (Ubuntu 11.10) the rt2870sta

Comment

Working...
      X