X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon ImageClass MF4350d no longer working under 11.10

Greetings,

I upgraded to 11.10 this week. My Canon ImageClass MF4350d was working flawlessly under 11.04 using these drivers:

cndrvcups-common_2.20-2_amd64.deb
    cndrvcups-ufr2-uk_2.20-2_amd64.deb

I reinstalled them, used the Printer Configuration in System Settings, but during that process, I get an error:
    Code:
    "File "/usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoufr2cpca" not available: Too many levels of symbolic links"
    The link looks like this:
    Code:
    pstoufr2cpca -> ../../../lib64/cups/filter/pstoufr2cpca
    which is in: /usr/lib/cups/filter

Anyone running into this kind of problem with their printer in 11.10?

Thanks!

Re: Canon ImageClass MF4350d no longer working under 11.10

I uninstalled Cups, then reinstalled it, then reinstalled the drivers. The bad link is now good!

Unfortunately, I still have this problem:

Code:
    /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstoufr2cpca failed
    So that file is still being a bugger! Speaking of bugger, could this be a bug with 11.10 since it was working flawlessly under 11.04?

Thanks!

Comment

[SOLVED] Re: Canon ImageClass MF4350d no longer working under 11.10

Well folks, the solution was to go back to 11.04. Just for grins, I did a fresh install of 11.10, same problem. A link was created again to the file pstoufr2cpca. This is NOT correct. When I still couldn't print in 11.10, I reverted back to 11.04 (fresh install), installed the drivers and sure enough, pstoufr2cpca is actually a FILE not a LINK! And printing works again!

It was a painful process to come to this conclusion but hopefully I will save some other's pain. I did save the file separately in hopes that if I upgrade to 11.10 again, I can replace the link with the actual file after installing the drivers.

If anyone else has this problem or suggestions for a better solution, please post a reply to this thread!

Comment

Working...
      X