X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kega Fusion Problems?

Hi Folks,

I've a fresh Kubuntu 11.04 install (first time I've installed any linux distro). Its a laptop Dell Inspiron 630m, integrated intel graphics and all that jazz.

KDE was insanely slow with desktop effects turned on... insanely slow. When I switched it from OpenGL to XRender it was usable, just still a tad laggy but much much better. I've just disabled desktop effects now to speed it up more, still a very pretty desktop.

Anyway, when I start Kega Fusion (3.63x) the window opens, but remains black. The border is there, the minimize and close buttons... they seem responsive. It can be resized fine. However the window remains black indefinately, there are no menu items, no menu bar. No log file is generated, no .ini file is present or generated.

ZSnes works 100%, though it uses SDL, so I'm wondering if Kega uses OpenGL thus is that is the problem.

Any help or pointers to narrow down the possible causes would be great.

Cheers,
    JB.

PS: Sorry if this isn't the right place, but I wanted to ask in a Kubuntu centric forum.

Re: Kega Fusion Problems?

I had the same issue. Try changing from fullscreen to windowed mode or vice versa, then you should see the game.
    The other issue I had was changing some settings in windowed mode where you can't see any of the commands at the top of the window. Hitting "ALT" will bring up the first menu, and moving the mouse cursor and clicking to the right will bring up the next menu. Repeat for the others.
    I was eventually able to get it set up well enough for my liking.

Comment

Working...
    X