This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who else uses Konqueror?

OK so I removed the konqueror-plugin-gnash and added the kpart-webkit then enabled the webkit engine in konqueror and now flash plays well

O and full screen work as well

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I'm suprised too, since I was playing with it again later and I wasn't getting the startup issue then later on started getting it again.

Comment

A startup issue? I've yet to have Konqueror or ReKonq state that they had crashed. However I used to get it on KDE 4.6 whenever I close Rekonq. What I think was happening is the WebKit plugin was acting as a separate application and closing ReKonq forced WebKit to quit, marking it as a crash. For me at least, closing ReKonq or Konqueror with the webkit plugin enabled makes a window appear then close instantly after quitting. It's a blank window from what I've seen but it's titled WebKit.

Comment

Well it doesn't happen with konqueror but I am getting this startup problem very regularly in rekonq.
          In fact I would say I get the message every 4 out of 5 times I open rekonq and that is on KDE 4.7:

http://oi55.tinypic.com/158axkw.jpg
          [img width=400 height=224]http://oi55.tinypic.com/158axkw.jpg[/img]

What is REALLY silly though: Since I upgraded to 4.7, rekonq does actually crash frequently and brings up the window telling me it has crashed and do I want to restart etc?
          When that happens, rekonq then reopens WITHOUT the message saying it has crashed and opens at the normal favourites page!!

Comment

The only times I've had ReKonq state that it had crashed are when I terminate it (CTRL+ALT+ESC) or when I shutdown the computer while it's still running. Although that doesn't always happen either.

Comment

Well I should mention, the problem with rekonq has been there sometime and for several KDE releases.
              Now, my last posts about it were based on kubuntu natty with KDE upgraded via the backports repo to 4.7.

Well today, I upgraded that install to oneiric to play about with it a bit more and rekonq has actually behaved nicely, even though that is also 4.7.
              I haven't experienced the startup problem once.

Comment

Well good!

So I just read something recently that I didn't realize, WebKit is actually a fork of the KHTML project which is why WebKit is considered open source. Apple's been "attempting" to work with the KHTML community but relations between them have been less than warm. Apple's also been keeping most of the changes they made to WebKit/KHTML secret so the KHTML team can't backport the new additions from webkit to KHTML. It's also been difficult to apply these changes to KHTML. So in reality, KHTML is WebKit!

Comment

Working...
                X