This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synaptics Touchpad support still really horrible in KDE 4.7

To click and drag, I am supposed to tap twice quickly and then swipe a finger across the touchpad. Sometimes I make ten or twelve attempts before this works. I had Fedora with KDE on this same laptop and it worked like a charm. Also, when I move my finger on the touchpad, the cursor often just stays in place and doesn't move at all. The other problem is that Synaptiks doesn't seem to give me any way to separate right-click and left-click functions. There are settings there that are supposed to help on this, but they don't do anything. This is working on other distros, like SuSE and Fedora, but Ubuntu is content to leave it broken. >

Re: Synaptics Touchpad support still really horrible in KDE 4.7

I have also been having trouble with the click and drag function. Until I saw your post I had assumed it was my touchpad that's a bit iffy (I normally use a wireless mouse instead of touchpad).
    After reading this I have tried a few other distros and not had any problems. Can anyone else confirm? Maybe hardware related?
    Using an HP G62 here.

As far as right-click and middle click, I don't have any problems with those. I can either use the corners of the touchpad, which are configurable in system settings or I can use 2 finger tap for middle click or 3 finger tap for right click.

Comment

Working...
    X