This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.7 animations too fast?

I have noticed that some animations seem to have been lost or become barely noticeable at least.

For example, fade in animations:
    when opening a window it jumps into view and is quite ugly, with the window frame appearing followed very quickly by the contents and when fading out they just go instantly.

Scale in is much the same, with the window jumping in and frame appearing a split second before contents.
    If I change the animation speed to make it slower, I get those animations as normal but then things like plasma popups are WAY too slow.

Everything was very smooth before and things like present windows, minimize and desktop grid behave like they did before

Re: 4.7 animations too fast?

Have you tried slowing them down? In System Settings | Desktop Effects there's a drop-down selection where you can change the animation speed. Try fiddling with that.

FWIW, animations look fine at the default speed on my Nvidia 3100M using proprietary drivers...

Comment

Yes, I mentioned I had tried that but it just made other animations overly slow.

Intel hardware here, by the way.

Comment

In my Experience with Graphics and effects, any on-board chip on the Motherboard is insufficient for 3D effects and animations. One may need to install a better GPU with it's own RAM. I may be wrong in your case (without more info) if so disregard.
        Intel E6500 CPU - 4Gb Ram- Asus EN9500GT 1Gb GPU....

Comment

Originally posted by x-shaney-x
          Yes, I mentioned I had tried that but it just made other animations overly slow.
          Oops, sorry I missed that on first read. Out of curiosity, have you experimented with the Qt Graphics Subsystem as explained in this thread?

Comment

I haven't tried that raster thing. I do very little experimenting on my main install.

I did however try disabling nepomuk/strigi in system settings and disabled nepomuk from starting since I remember it causing my problems not long ago.

And now everything is running smoothly. I don't really make use of nepomuk anyway so no great loss.

Comment

Working...
            X