This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get back to Desktop Settings from right-click in KDE 4.7

The standard context menu with a right-click on the desktop has an option for "Desktop Settings". It has an option that allows you to change right-click and left-click actions for the desktop. I changed left-click to allow me to switch Activities. Unfortunately, that seems to have changed right-click to the same action. Now I have no way to get to Desktop Settings that I could open before. Both left-click and right-click list the available activities. How to get Desktop Settings back for the right-click?

Re: How to get back to Desktop Settings from right-click in KDE 4.7

Alt+S

Comment

That gets me the box for searching or launching a program, the same as alt-f2. I still have no way to get to Desktop Settings, where I can change the wallpaper or the mouse actions.

Comment

Two ways that I know of:
        1) Click on the little button in the top right-hand corner of the screen that has the name of the current activity, and you will get a "Desktop Settings" option.
        2) If your keyboard has a menu button (usually between the right Windows key and Ctrl), you can use that button to bring up the desktop menu (make sure all programs are minimized first).

Hope this helps

Comment

Sorry, I was too brief.

Focus (click) on the desktop, press Alt+D followed by Alst+S

Comment

Actually, I found it by clicking on the cashew. It shows up as "Desktop Settings" there. My problem was complicated by KDE's poor handling of a Synaptics Touchpad. It doesn't give you the ability to distinguish right-click from left-click.

Comment

Working...
            X