X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exit from full screen mode

Hi guys,

Many games use full screen mode but for unexpected reasons they freeze, how can I exit from full screen mode?

PS
    In M$ Windows I was use CTRL+ALT+DEL for showing process manager while in Kubuntu CTRL+ALT+ESC not working when that games freeze.

In M$ Windows I was using CTRL+ALT+ESC to minimize current full screen prog to task bar is there any alternative in KDE?

Re: Exit from full screen mode

In Windows you would use ALT+F4 to close a window, it works the same in Kubuntu.

When your whole system is frozen you could use the 'Magic Keys' to get a restart.
    Check Google for Linux magic keys.

Or press ALT+SYSRQ+ (one after the other) R E I S U B

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis
      In Windows you would use ALT+F4 to close a window, it works the same in Kubuntu.
      In many cases ALT+F4 doesn't work although the system isn't freeze but because the game in full screen mode I'll not be able to interact with the system.

So I just want a way to kill current process or minimize it.

Comment

To kill a process you can press CTRL+ESC, a System Activities window will come up and by right-clicking the stuck process you can select your favourite way of dismissing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis
          To kill a process you can press CTRL+ESC, a System Activities window will come up and by right-clicking the stuck process you can select your favourite way of dismissing it.
          Thanks, CTRL+ESC not appears because it appease behind full screen window (although it's working in always on top mode)

Comment

You can, just as in Windows, toggle between the different programs and their windows with ALT+TAB, this should bring the System Activities window to the foreground.

Comment

In my Global shortcuts for kwin, CTRL-ALT-ESC should "kill" a window and ALT-F4 should close it. There is no definition for Minimize Window so you should be able to set one. However, if your game(s) (you haven't said what exactly you're running) are blocking your keystrokes that won't help much.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
              X