This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is playing the music?

As a result, I think, of inadvertently clicking on some music files, I now have several streams of music playing in the background all at once. I have no programs running in windows. How can I locate those streams (or the program that's playing them) and shut them off, aside from logging out?

Re: Who is playing the music?

You are in the wrong place for Windows questions.

If you had this problem in Kubuntu I'd suggest you press CTRL+ESC and find out what's playing from the list presented.
    When you right-click the offending program you can select one of various methods to stop it.

I hazard the guess it's mpg123 that's playing.

Comment

When you say you don't have any programs running that leads me to conclude that you used Ctrl+Alt+Del to call up the Task Manager and there were no applications listed. But, did you check the services on the other tab. The ones taking up the most CPU cycles are probably the headless players.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis
        You are in the wrong place for Windows questions.
        I meant windows on my Linux desktop. Perhaps I should have been clearer about that.

Comment

killall amarok stopped the music

I was able to stop all the music with killall amarok, but Task Manager would have been a cleaner way to do it. I was just guessing that amarok was producing the sound.

Comment

dduuuhhhh
            two posts deleted
            woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
            X