This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunderbird new mail tray notification

Hi guys. I've been looking for a plugin that would let me know of new emails in the Thunderbird inbox (after whatever passed through junk mail filtering) by showing an icon in the tray, and that would NOT disappear a few seconds later. Moztraybiff used to do that simple thing *brilliantly* by adding an icon only when new mail arrived, and *keeping* it there until you did view your emails, but unfortunately it only works in TB 2.x and not in 3.x that Kubuntu 11.04 has, .now that I have it. It doesn't seem to be maintained any more. It's frustrating no one else has come up with that same simple idea. All other plugins I've tried that show popups etc. disappear a few seconds after, making you switch to TB's desktop and check for new emails every time you come back to the computer, as if no plugin was installed.

Re: Thunderbird new mail tray notification

Not sure about Thunderbird 3, but you could always try KMail which uses the default KDE message indicator icon (green / full when there's a message and transparent / empty when no messages are present).
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Working...
    X