Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird missing messages in Kmail. Any ideas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird missing messages in Kmail. Any ideas?

Hi All,

Just seem to have developed a weird problem in kmail. I have quite a few sub-directories (you know, personal stuff, Bills, club memberships stuff, various significant people, etc, etc.) so I can manage/file incoming mail better.

Just discovered that some of the message content will not appear even though the email Title is there in the folder list. It's only happened on some of the sub-directories. The funny thing is - in Dolphin, if I "click" to ~//.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/ I can see all the emails (though of course they have their weird encrypted names). I can open the files (by double-clicking on any one) and all the content is there, including attachments, but the content seems to have become invisible to Kmail.

Any ideas as to how to recover the emails' content into kmail?

Re: Weird missing messages in Kmail. Any ideas?

Have you tried recreating the index? Right-click on the folder, select "Properties", select "Maintenance" and so on.
    Andy R.
    Kubuntu 12.10

Comment

Re: Weird missing messages in Kmail. Any ideas? (SOLVED ||)

Well!! Thanks so much for that idea. It worked a treat. I had never realised that that capability existed in kmail. I guess I need to look more carefully at all the various "right-click" menus! Thanks for the tip!

Now I've got all my missing mails back .

Funny, though, why only some of the sub-directories were affected

Comment

Working...
      X