This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wondering if this is a bug

So - I set up a master user account on my computer - and then I created one for my kids to use. However, after I created their account, and assigned a base password ( 12345 ) for them to change, when they go to log in, it says that they need to enter a new password. All is fine there.

Now, when the password change box comes up to enter a new password, nothing you type in shows up ( you should see the **** as you enter a password ).

You have to click OK, get the error message about not entering a password before you can actually enter a password. I've tried clicking in both password fields, but neither takes entry until after you click ok. Seems a little dumb to me.

Re: Wondering if this is a bug

Are you sure a password change box has a focus when you write in it? Don't you need to click in it first?
    Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Re: Wondering if this is a bug

It's a silly thing to have to do, but have you re-booted and tried the login again? I have seen this happen in the past, and it has always worked after a reboot. Must be a bug, but I have never looked into it.

If it still does not work, then you can give them a password manually (which of course bypasses/defeats the purpose of the user creating their own )

from your account;
      Code:
      sudo passwd <username>

Comment

Working...
      X