This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto detecting for a device [SOLVED}

i am getting a message now stating. synaptiks cannot detect a touchpad error. Its desktop i never had one . i have installed the synaptic package manger . I could care less about the the touch pad program , before i do anything crazy can u just remove synaptiks?

Re: auto detecting for a device

If you don't have a touchpad, then you can safely remove the configuration package: kde-config-touchpad

There are two packages installed here on my laptop, which has a touchpad. The two packages are:

kde-config-touchpad xserver-xorg-input-synaptics

A simulated removal of xserver-xorg-input-synaptics shows that xserver-xorg-input-all (a meta-package) will be removed:
    Description: the X.Org X server -- input driver metapackage
    This package depends on the full suite of input drivers for the X.Org X server
    (Xorg). It does not provide any drivers itself, and may be removed if you wish
    to only have certain drivers installed.
    Allowing that meta-package to be removed isn't a deal breaker, and you could simply reinstall that package afterwards if you want.

Purging just the configuration file package might be sufficient, and you might just want to purge it first and check out the results of a reboot. The other package can be purged if needed.

This assumes that both packages are installed on your system. Are they?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: auto detecting for a device

yep that fixed thnx again snow hog

Comment

Working...
      X