This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{SOLVED} KDE Menu Editor - UNABLE TO SAVE CHANGES

The other night I was removing WINE from my system by using Synaptic. KDE locked up tight. I had to force a re-boot. The only issue I seem to have is that when I use the KDE Menu Editor, during the "save changes" the progress bar keeps going from 0% - 95% and then back to starting at 0%. It will keep looping (without actually saving) forever.

Any ideas would surely be appreciated.
    Kubuntu 11.10<br />KDE 4.7.3<br />Athlon XP 2000<br />512 MB RAM<br />ATI 64MB Video<br />~11 year old system still kicking :&gt

Re: KDE Menu Editor - UNABLE TO SAVE CHANGES

Open a terminal and run kmenuedit from there. You might be able to see some error messages as you try and save.

Please Read Me

Comment

Re: KDE Menu Editor - UNABLE TO SAVE CHANGES

That was a good idea, but no joy. The loop continued and the konsole showed no message.
      Kubuntu 11.10<br />KDE 4.7.3<br />Athlon XP 2000<br />512 MB RAM<br />ATI 64MB Video<br />~11 year old system still kicking :&gt

Comment

Re: {SOLVED} KDE Menu Editor - UNABLE TO SAVE CHANGES

Just to close this thread.....I deleted /tmp/* and deleted ~/.kde/cache.

Comment

Working...
        X