This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<SOLVED> taskbar window icons not stacking automatically

This is driving me nuts, and I haven't found any solution, after a lot of searching, so here goes:

When I open, say Google Chrome, which I have set to resume its previous session, and that session had multiple windows open, I CANNOT get natty to force the windows icons to stack so that only one icon shows on the taskbar. To achieve this effect, I must right-click one of the icons, press "v" ("Advanced"), select "Do not allow this program to be grouped", THEN right click the icon again, and select "Allow this program to be grouped", at which point the icons stack up nicely.

I have to do this for every program with multiple windows - browsers, editors, LibreOffice, etc. And yes, I do have TaskManager settings, General, Grouping set to "by program name", and "only when taskbar is full" is NOT checked.

There must be a way to fix this, but it eludes me.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received. Thanks!

----- (there were no responses to this...)

I just found the solution:

1. R-click on any program icon in the taskbar.
    2. Click "Task Manager Settings".
    3. In the settings window that appears, under "Grouping and sorting", set Grouping to "By program name", and click the checkbox by "Only when the taskbar is full".

After doing this. all windows for a program will stack under one icon in the taskbar, and will display in a popup menu after a L-click on that icon, just as I want to happen.

A weird little problem, with annoying consequences. But no more....
Working...
X