Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why continual "loading folder..." in dolphin???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why continual "loading folder..." in dolphin???

Since the major upgrade to natty, I've had in most of my dolphin windows a "loading folder..." message, with a moving progress bar. It runs continuously. It can be made to go away, but clearly is not conveying anything meaningful (to me!), and is visually annoying. Look in the lower right corner of the attached image, to see it.

Anyone else getting this strange thing?
    Attached Files

Re: why continual "loading folder..." in dolphin

Well, it came back, and has been back for a long while, but there's an easy fix (which I post here so it'll be in the archives). I found this here - https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=114733 -

"Open Dolphin and click settings-configure dolphin. In the location box you will see file:///home/your username. Remove your username so it will read file:///home/ Then click apply and OK."

The following post reads..."upstream fix included in kdelibs 4.6.1-3". However, I've been having the problem with 4.6.2, so the fix, if any, wasn't.

All fine for now, however...

-------------

UPDATE: The problem returned. This is nuts.

Comment

Re: <RESOLVED> why continual "loading folder..." in dolphin

Originally posted by tomcloyd
      However, I've been having the problem with 4.6.2, so the fix, if any, wasn't.

All fine for now, however...
      KDE 4.6.2? You are three point releases behind. The current KDE for Natty is at 4.6.5.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: <RESOLVED> why continual "loading folder..." in dolphin

Well. That's just wonderful.

Am I supposed to keep KDE updated? Can't it do that itself? I always run the updates that I'm notified of. So how did this happen and what do I do about it, pray tell? I really have no idea what to do about this.

Thanks for telling me.

(And...the Dolphin problem came back, sadly.l)

Comment

KDE won't be upgraded from the 4.6.2 version that Natty was released with unless you add the Kubuntu Updates ppa to your software sources list. The Kubuntu announcement can be found here - http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kde-release-4.6.5

Be prepared for 300+ updates if you upgrade.

Comment

Yes, but 4.6.5 is very stable, at least it is for me.
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
            X