X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] url links don't work in Evolution email

Hi,

I installed Evolution email. Mostly it seems to work fine. But when I click on a URL link in an email I get the error message: "Could not open link - no application is registered as handling this file"

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

lcharles

Re: url links don't work in Evolution email

idk cause i don't use evolution but look in its options to see if you can pick a webbrowser for opening the links , you might have to select one in gconf since iirc this is a GNOME program it could be looking for their webbrowser (by default).
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I tried by adding a lot of stuff along with the gnome control center and instead of solving my problem I accidentally replaced my kde desktop with gnome. Now I need to know how to switch it back.

Oh yeah, the links problem is solved but I'd rather have my kde desktop back. The problem appears to be that the url links won't work with Evolution running under kde. Everything works fine with gnome.

Comment

you need to remove gnome packages. not sure what ones you installed but you should be able to under sessions (on your login scree) choose kde as a session to get back to kde if you can't then you need to install the kubuntu-desktop package to get a kde session back
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] url links don't work in Evolution email

Thanks, you were right, I could choose kde at login.

Comment

Working...
          X