This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global menubar and non-kde apps

I have noticed with non-KDE apps such firefox, thunderbird and libre office, KDE's global menubar DOES work with them but not when apps first open.

The apps have to lose and regain focus for their menus to appear in the menubar.

Re: Global menubar and non-kde apps

I haven't had that occur here.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Can someone else try to confirm?

Someone please open firefox or thunderbird (with their global menu packages installed) and see if their menu appears on the KDE global menubar on first opening?

If it does then I know it's a problem my end for sure.

I should add they DO appear normally if using QtCurve but I am generally using oxygen for KDE aps and oxygen-gtk for gtk apps.

Comment

Sorry but mine works fine here (on 11.04) haven't tried maverick.
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Well that's good in a way. Means I should be able to fix it, just need to work out the problem on mine

Comment

Hmm, maybe not.

I have tried in another user account, from the live cd, tried changing themes and alsorts of jiggery pokery but it is still the same problem.
            I have also tried it on the missus' laptop.
            I did also have the same problem on Maverick.

Just to try and explain the problem in as much detail as possible:

firefox, thunderbird and libre office with firefox-globalmenu, thunderbird-globalmenu and lo-menubar packages installed.

Add a plasma panel and add the window menubar widget.

Open any KDE app and the window menus appear in the global menu.
            Open t-bird, firefox or libre office and the window opens, without it's own menubar but no menu appears in the global menu on the panel.

So I click on another window or the desktop then click on t-bird, firefox or libre office and the menu then appears in global menubar.

Comment

I totally misunderstood your question/observation! My bad. Your last post made your issue clear. I installed with Window Menubar and gave it a try with my GTK+ apps (Firefox and Gimp). Both had their menus displayed correctly. I didn't add a new Panel - just added the widget to the existing one.
              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
              X