This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oxygen and Firefox

I just upgraded to Natty, and I'm not that thrilled with how the Oxygen theme looks on Firefox. I had the same complaints with the QtCurve theme in Maverick, and so I got a Firefox theme that's based on Oxygen instead of the native theme.

My issue is that the KDE checkboxes are too large. They look awful on GMail. And for whatever reason, when using the native KDE theme, my bookmarks menu is too big. The icon and text is larger than normal, and there's more space in between each entry than there should be.

Is there any way to adjust this stuff without getting a separate Firefox theme like I did in Maverick? I like the idea of Firefox looking like a native KDE application, but I can't get over those issues.

Re: Oxygen and Firefox

Try changing the GTK+ Appearance to Raleigh, launching Firefox, and then changing the GTK+ Appearance back to QtCurve.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I think I got a few things wrong in my first post, now that I think about it.

It was in Karmic that I had problems. QtCurve had somehow broken (during the distro upgrade or some other upgrade) and Firefox was using the default GTK theme. So I downloaded an Oxygen theme for Firefox to maybe make it look better, and it looked terrible. But I figured out my QtCurve problems, and all was fine.

So now I switched back to QtCurve and it looks like it should. But why does Oxygen make Firefox look so terrible? I mean, I'd like all my GTK apps to look like native KDE, and while QtCurve does a really nice job, I think Oxygen should look better. But it doesn't. Not when applied to GTK programs.

Will there ever be a solution that makes Oxygen look good on GTK apps?

Comment

Looks pretty cool here

[img width=400 height=250]http://i.imgur.com/BIzxk.jpg[/img]
        ASROCK Z87 Pro4 - i5 4670K - R9 270x ☞ Triple Boot: KDE NEON ★ Windows 10 ★ Windows 7

Comment

Is that a theme? Because your buttons are a completely different style than mine.

Comment

Yes it's the best ff theme for linux, you can install it here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...rata-reloaded/
            ASROCK Z87 Pro4 - i5 4670K - R9 270x ☞ Triple Boot: KDE NEON ★ Windows 10 ★ Windows 7

Comment

Working...
            X