This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dekstop effects disabled

Greetings... I have recently installed kbuntu on a Inspiron mini 1012 netbook... this being a 32 bit system, since I am pretty sure it woudln't be able to handle a 64 bit install.

My issue is this, it keeps disabling the Desktop effects on this netbook... the video driver is an Intel one. (it's a netbook, lol) Yes this netbook is a Dell.

Any suggestions as to how to fix, or possible update the driver if that may be the problem. I have gone through some other posts and have seen about changing the OpenGL to Xrender, (but by doing so, there have been problems there as well, and once that change is made, I've read that you can not change it back into OpenGL).

thanks
    -obsidien

Re: Dekstop effects disabled

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Not on my linux box right now but within system settings/ desktop effects there is an option to turn off functionality checks. It should work then.

Comment

Originally posted by The Liquidator
      Hi and welcome to the forum.

Not on my linux box right now but within system settings/ desktop effects there is an option to turn off functionality checks. It should work then.

The Liquidator is right, it's under the Advanced tab. And changing to XRender won't cause problems when switching back to OpenGL. The only problem is that Xrender tends to be VERY slow and many of the KWin effects aren't compatible with it.

Comment

I'm glad I found this thread. I have the same problem, but running nvidia GT 320 with 896mb of ddr3 ram. I can't wait to get home and get it working again.

Comment

Working...
        X