This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Locks up when screen turns off

Sometimes when I leave my computer sitting for a while, the screen saver turns on (like normal) and the screen begins to dim. But, almost every time I leave the room or something (whenever I'm not watching it) the screen goes black at some point and I can't use it from then on. I have to hold the power button and shut it down because nothing will either turn the display back on or make the black go away. Also, I've had a problem similar to this before where when I lock the computer, I sometimes can't get the unlock dialog to appear no matter what, so I have to shut it off again. This has been true since 10.10. Any ideas?

Re: Locks up when screen turns off

I had the same thing on a new laptop with an Ati card and the fglrx driver. If you have the same, try uninstalling the fglrx driver and use the radeon driver instead.

Comment

I don't have an ATI or NVIDIA card Technically I don't even have a graphics card. It's an Intel 965 Integrated Chipset.

Comment

Okay so a little bit ago I switched the screensaver from an opengl one that I was using, to a standard one, and it's worked since then. No lock ups, no missing unlock dialogs.

Comment

Working...
        X