This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hardware specs error. Worked fine, rebooted now in plain view. HELP

Sorry im still learning this whole system setup. I have both Gnome and and KDE running, and either can be chosen through the log in screen. when things went wrong the first time, I didnt know that i could select the environment i would be logged in as. I just found out i could do that an hour ago by logging out and selecting KDE Plasma environment instead of Ubuntu Unity.

Still im confused why me downloading metacity in kubuntu caused me to boot up in Ubuntu Unity? And on top of that in Fall back mode. should i just not touch the GTK+ software and leave system as is? or do i need to install the driver in Unity?

Comment

probably metacity pulled in enough of unity bits with it.

You can use whichever desktop you like. I like KDE , you probably don't have to worry about the unity/gtk stuff unless you log in to that and find missing gnome.unity stuff. This missing stuff may be what is causing you to go into fallback mode in Ubuntu, perhaps. I have no clue what it could be though.

Now what driver are you talking about? drivers do not care which desktop you use, so that doesn't matter.

Comment

I much prefer KDE as well. Some of the stuff is a bit more difficult to figure out but the usability of it is much nicer. Well the Ubuntu help says it might of been a driver error, causing Ubuntu Unity not to run correctly. I have no desire to use that desktop setup, however i dont really have a choice anymore. Some how i managed to get rid of not only the toolbars in Unity but also any sort of navigation, all i can do is right click.

Comment

Working...
        X