X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu not always starting

Good day -

I have a dual boot system with win7 - the first entry in boot loader is Kubuntu.

9/10 after a reboot / startup kubuntu won't start. I just get a black screen with a blinking cursor or a blue screen with nothing on it.

I then hard reboot, and then sometimes the next startup is successfull - or I go to the recovery console which says it fixed a recursive boot error - then reboot en then kubuntu starts fine.

My system is up to date with latest updates. I us shared partitions.

Does anyone have idea how I can solve this? BTW when I boot into win7 I don;t have this issue.

Thanks

Re: Kubuntu not always starting

Can you boot a Live CD and run fsck on your Kubuntu partition? Then try a few reboots, and let us know what you observe.

Comment

hi - this unfortunately did not fix the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Stephanvann

I us shared partitions.
        I am suspicious that this has something to do with the problem -- I know that Linux checks (not fsck necessarily, but integrity checks) all filesystems that are to be mounted at boot time. Would it be possible temporarily to edit /etc/fstab and comment out all the filesystems except "/", swap, and your /home filesystem if it is separate from "/"? Then reboot and see if it boots clean every time.

Comment

Working...
        X