This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cursor latency in KDE, natty

I have made the switch to KDE from Gnome and am having issues with cursor latency. This latency only happens in one spot of my screen (bottom right). The odd part is that it happens both on the desktop and in ANY application open. Whether it be full or non-full screen. I even get it from within wine while playing WoW.

Additional information is available upon request.
    Any help is appreciated and welcome.

Re: Cursor latency in KDE, natty

Just to clear things up: the lower right corner of any app exhibits the problem. But, is that when the app is full screen or smaller. IF smaller, that implies that your problem can occur anywhere on the screen where the lower right corner of an app is located.

If it is just when the app is full screen it suggests that your screen resolution is not matching your hardware.

There appear to be reports of that problem with ATI Catalyst drivers for both Windows and Linux:
    http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...yst-11.5/page5

There are also mouse gestures that involve the lower right corner. Have you activated any of those?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thank you for the link. I've come to the conclusion, after reading that thread, that it is in fact a(n) (K)Ubuntu issue. I'll be going to straight Debian. The reason being that I do not particularly like the direction that the Ubuntu team is headed. I do wish them luck, however.

Again, thank you.

Comment

Your welcome!
        Enjoy Debian Squeeze!

However, you may want to consider the last post in that thread.
        Originally posted by Originally Posted by Panix
        Install Debian then. Why use Ubuntu if they're screwing things up? Shuttleworth is the new Gates?

Ubuntu is going further away from Debian? It looks like they are doing their own thing and usually go on their own road compared to the rest of the Linux community and should not be rewarded for that.
        I agree, if debian is working, stick with debian, but faulting a linux distro, even Ubuntu, for trying to innovate, and blaze a possible new trail is counterproductive thinking, and holds back the community from evolving linux.
        This individual makes a mistake common among noobs and people not familiar with the Linux culture.

As I've mentioned on other occasions, the mantra of the Linux community is "release early, release often".
        The reason is that Linux distros can't afford to/doesn't hire "beta testers" and in a quid quo pro with the developer, who volunteer their code and efforts, the community volunteers their time to test the software and reports bugs or change wishes at the appropriate bug reporting site. Unity is, like every other app and Linux itself, a work in progress. Unlike Windows, which is also always a work in progress, you don't have to pay for it. The bugs will be worked out. It's just a matter of time.

The GPL is a license that prevents corporations from taking, taking, taking, and never giving anything back, but it doesn't prevent users from doing that.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X