This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more network...

First of all, I know it might not be recommended but my current installation of Kubuntu is an old one. I installed 9.04 2 years ago and it is the same Kubuntu that has migrated to 9.10, 10.04, 10.10 and now 11.04. All was almost perfect before the 11.04 migration. All work but one thing: at startup, the KDE login screen was not displayed, only the console. Running
    Code:
    sudo kdm
    started successfully KDE and I was able to use my computer in a normal way.

After the upgrade... Ouch... I have the message that /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket cannot be found (whereas it obviously exists, I checked), my audio setup is no longer recognized (message asking for the removal of all my previously configured devices), I no longer have network!!! In KNetworkManager, the network is disabled and when I enable it, it still shows no interfaces and WCID does not start. From the console, I can not start the network service either. But yes, visually, KUbuntu 11.04 looks better but that's all. >

Re: No more network...

After adding eth0 entries in /etc/network/interfaces and starting wcid-kde, I am now able to connect to the network. KNetworkManager still displays no interfaces available.

Comment

Working...
    X